Перейти к содержимому

джазззз

Lalinha

Люблю джаз..раньше к нему был не равнодушен..пристрастил друган. за что ему благодарен... очень нравится Армстронг..Рей..Нина Симоне...Маркус Миллер..а из наших конечно же Вагиф и Азиза..и Исфар....думаю будущая мировая звезда

Анасына бах - гызыны ал,

Атасна бах - г*зува да алма!!!

• Ответы 215
  • Created
  • Последний ответ

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

02_Track_2.mp3

Очень красивая композиция Шаина Новрасли..рекомендую.

Не помню точно как она называется (на комп-ре не сохранились названия), но мелодия напоминает "əlində sazın qurbanı"..кажется эт она.

Пришлось урезать, поэтому качество не самое лучшее.

..стою невидим, невредим.

храним землею, но не вами.

вы постоянно в стороне,

как смерть близки, и неподвластны...

но, тем не менее - прекрасны,

как сны о Мире на войне..

(с)

katariki, ценю ваш музыкальный вкус, желание поделиться прекрасной музыкой и труд...

За Анну Марию Йорек и М.Френкса отдельное спасибо. Обожаю.. Буквально недавно искала у себя альбомы..

потом вспоминала, кому из друзей дала послушать, и мне не вернули )))

Единственное неудобно - по несколько альбомов в одном файле. Приходится качать все из-за одного или пару недостающих альбомов.

В любом случае. Огромное вам спасибо !!!

п.с. У вас есть альбом Анны Марии - "secret" 2005 года ? :)

k sojaleniu est tolko dvoinoi arhiv,tam est i secret_2005 i 2002 s pat metheny,skachaite arhiv nebolshoi,

za otklik bolshoe spasibo,za teplie slova osobenno!zahodite na moi blog i sledite za novinkami,mnogoe pokazivau zdes ,no polnii obiem zalitogo budet tolko tam,vsego dobrogo i udachi!

www.jazzrara.blogspot.com , www.softkatakomba.blogspot.com (etot blog sovsem novii,tam budet tolko soft,filmi v svobodnom skachivanii,poleznie ssilki na online)

FOURPLAY&BOB JAMES_LIVE VERSION _LIVE IN CAPE TOWN_2009

www.uploadbox.com/files/420529boa6

ia poluchil mnogo udovolstvia ot proslushivania!poluchite i vi...

FOURPLAY IS:Bob James - KeyboardsLarry Carlton - GuitarNathan East - Bass and VocalsHarvey Mason - Drums

post-32618-1249249096_thumb.jpg

MICHAEL SEMBELLO(ALL VERSION OF "MANIAC")1983

OFICIAL VIDEO,TRACK,INSTRUMENTAL

www.uploadbox.com/files/87e95f8767

BIOGRAPHY:Michael Sembello was born on 17 April 1954 in Philadelphia. He began his career as a professional musician by becoming a studio guitarist. The list of pop music personalities he worked with, or wrote for, includes Stevie Wonder from 1974 to 1979, The Temptations, Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Chaka Khan, George Benson, Barbra Streisand, Stanley Clarke, David Sanborn and Donna Summer.

He released his first solo album in 1983, and the song "Maniac" was selected for inclusion in the movie Flashdance. This song went on to become the third highest grossing song from a soundtrack. His contribution to that soundtrack was rewarded with a Grammy Award in 1983 for Best Album of Original Score Written for a Motion Picture or a Television Special.

Michael Sembello - Maniac

A sample of "Maniac", Sembello's biggest hit. The song was released in 1983 and reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Problems listening to this file? See media help.

Sembello has done considerable soundtrack work, including such movies as Cocoon, Gremlins, Summer Lovers, The Monster Squad and Independence Day.

In 2008 Michael Sembello worked with Michael Lington on "Heat" which was released September 2, 2008 by NuGroove distributed by Red/Sony to strong reviews,[5] and nominated as Jazztrax Album of the Year for 2008. Michael Lington's duet with Aaron Neville, That's When You Save Me, tied as Jazztrax Best Vocal Song of the Year. Michael and Danny Sembello penned three songs with Michael Lington for "Heat". They include the uptempo and summery Ocean Drive (think: South Beach fun in the sun), hauntingly beautiful ballad Nostalgia; and breezy, Brazilian flavored Chuva, meaning ‘rain’ in Portuguese. Michael Sembello travels to Brazil frequently and is good friends with Daniel Jobim, the grandson of legendary composer Antonio Carlos Jobim. Chuva’s composition began on the vintage piano where the elder Jobim composed his classic The Girl From Ipanema, and features an authentic Rio touch by popular guitarist Torcuato Mariano, born in Buenos Aires and raised in Brazil.

Sembello has recorded his vocals in six languages and is continually writing, producing and releasing albums. Michael intends to tour live in 2009 bringing his unique West Coast Sound around the world.DISCOGRAPHY:

1983: Bossa Nova Hotel

1986: Without Walls

1992: Caravan of Dreams

1997: Backwards in Time

2002: Ancient Future

2003: The Lost Years

Singles:

1983: "Maniac"

1983: "Automatic Man"

1985: "Gravity" (from the film, Cocoon)

1985: "Talk"

1986: "Tear Down the Walls"

1986: "Wonder Where You Are"

1992: "Heavy Weather

JAZZ LEGENDS/JAZZRARA 50/50 BEST TRACKS IN ONE RAR!

www.uploadbox.com/files/81cd399373

cd 1:

Tracks:(01) [Joe Williams & Count Basie] I'm Beginning to See the Light(02) [Louis Armstrong] Top Hat, White Tie and Tails(03) [Al Hibbler with Count Basie and his Orchestra] Goin' to Chicago(04) [billy Eckstine] Tenderly(05) [Dave Lambert & Buddy Stewart] Charge Account(06) [Jon Hendricks] Stockholm Sweetin'(07) [Jay McShann & His Sextet] I Want a Little Girl(08) [bing Crosby] The Song Is You(09) [buddy Rich] Between the Devil And The Deep Blue Sea(10) [Chet Baker] The Touch of Your Lips(11) [Jack Teagarden] T'ain't So Honey. T'ain't So(12) [Louis Jordan] Is You Or Is You Ain't (Ma' Baby)(13) [Artur Prysock and Count Basie] I Could Have Told You(14) [Mel Torme] Too Close For Comfort(15) [The Oscar Peterson Trio] Gravy Waltz(16) [Count Basie] Evenin'(17) [Fred Astaire] I'm Building Up To An Awful Letdown

cd 2:

Tracks:(01) [billie Holyday] Please Don´t Talk About Me When I´m Gone(02) [betty Carter & Carmen Mcrae] Stolen Moments(03) [Ella Fitzgerald] Squatty Roo(04) [Dinah Washington] Crazy He Calls Me(05) [blossom Dearie] If I Were A Bell(06) [Abbey Lincoln & Stan Getz] Up Jumped Spring(07) [Ernestine Anderson] They Don´t Believe Me(08) [sarah Vaughn] Sometimes I´m Happy(09) [Helen Merrill] You´re Lucky To Me(10) [Anita O'day] I´ve Got The World On A String(11) [stan Getz & Astrid Gilberto] Only Trust Your Heart(12) [Helen Humes] Blue And Sentimental(13) [betty Carter] My Favourite Things(14) [Nina Simone] Don´t Explain(15) [shirley Horn] Just In Time(16) [Morgana King] If You Could See Me Now+CD3 BONUS!

cd 3:Tracks:(01) [Johnny Hodges] Passion Flower (Aka A Flower Is A Lovesome Thing)(02) [illinois Jacquet] It s The Talk Of The Town(03) [Erroll Garner] I ll Never Smile Again(04) [Toots Thielemans] Laura(05) [Dizzy Gillespie] Chelsea Bridge(06) [Coleman Hawkins & Ben Webster] Tangerine(07) [benny Carter] Street Scene(08) [Wes Montgomery] It Was A Very Good Year(09) [Lester Young With The Oscar Peterson Trio] I Can t Get Started(10) [bill Evans & Jim Hall] All Across The City(11) [Roy Elridge] Willow Weep For Me(12) [Lionel Hampton] The High And The Mighty(13) [Gerry Mulligan Sextet] In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning(14) [Oscar Peterson] A Child Is Born(15) [stuff Smith] I Wrote My Song(16) [stan Getz] I Remember Clifford(17) [Kenny Burrel] Were You There

post-32618-1249473941_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249473951_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249473960_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249473975_thumb.jpg

JAZZ SET IN MONTECARLO_2007

www.uploadbox.com/files/e3c22c0bcb

Tracklist:01. vince benedetti meets diana krall - the news 5:0302. mario biondi and the high five quintet - this 7:11is what you are03. marcus miller - tales 5:4604. richard galliano - gnossienne no. 1 5:2905. j w association orchestra - michelle 7:2606. clifford brown - can't help lovin dat man 3:4407. quincy jones - a sleepin' bee 4:3908. bob james - angela (theme from taxi) 5:4209. toots thielemans - skylark 2:0210. michel petrucciani - brazilian like 4:4711. sarah vaughan - lullaby of birdland 3:5812. ahmad jamal - perfidia 3:5413. dinah washington - our love is here to stay 2:3014. miles davis - round midnight 5:5615. brazilian love affair project - susy & monier 3:1316. pat metheny - instrumental 7:26

post-32618-1249496884_thumb.jpg

www.uploadbox.com/files/4941bda3d9

Tracklist:01. vince benedetti meets diana krall - the news 5:0302. mario biondi and the high five quintet - this 7:11is what you are03. marcus miller - tales 5:4604. richard galliano - gnossienne no. 1 5:2905. j w association orchestra - michelle 7:2606. clifford brown - can't help lovin dat man 3:4407. quincy jones - a sleepin' bee 4:3908. bob james - angela (theme from taxi) 5:4209. toots thielemans - skylark 2:0210. michel petrucciani - brazilian like 4:4711. sarah vaughan - lullaby of birdland 3:5812. ahmad jamal - perfidia 3:5413. dinah washington - our love is here to stay 2:3014. miles davis - round midnight 5:5615. brazilian love affair project - susy & monier 3:1316. pat metheny - instrumental 7:26

VLADIMIR ZINKOVSKY/PIANO SOLIST/FUSION/SMOOTH/

2 albums/one rar_fair&wind_1996,end of the beginning_1998...

post-32618-1249499765_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249499778_thumb.jpg

YA PEREPUTAL SSILKU,JAZZ SET IN MONTECARLO I VLADIMIR ZINKOVSKY!IZVINITE,PERED SKACHIVANIEM BUDTE VNIMATELNI,NIJE EST TOCHNIE SSILKI!HOROSHEGO VAM JAZZA I PROSLUSHIVANIA!KATARIKI...

CINDY BRADLEY_BLOOM_2009/TRUMPET SOLIST/FUSION/SMOOTH/

www.uploadbox.com/files/546a453c4a

BIOGRAPHY:

When Cindy Bradley, in a last minute rush to choose an instrument to play in her 4th grade elementary school band program, chose the trumpet, little did she know it would someday put her on a collision course with Trippin ‘n’ Rhythm Records and her opportunity to record the record of a lifetime in “Bloom", her major label debut.

Born and raised in Buffalo, NY, Cindy enjoyed a varied career in music starting from a very young age. Although her first instrument of choice was the piano, which she began playing at the age of 6, she made the fateful choice to pick up the trumpet in her 4th grade band program. At the tender age of 12 she began performing professionally with a Buffalo area jazz band that consisted of all promising young musicians called "Sugar and Jazz." The group consisted of kids from ages 12-17 and stressed the importance of professionalism and emulating the big band sounds of the 1940s. Although she continued to perform in various jazz groups as she grew up, it was with this group that Cindy fell in love with performance, jazz music, and especially the trumpet.

Cindy went on to earn a bachelors degree in jazz studies from Ithaca College, and a masters degree in jazz trumpet performance from the New England Conservatory. It was there that she studied with and was influenced by many jazz greats including John McNeil, Bob Brookmeyer, Jerry Bergonzi, George Russell and Steve Lacy. After earning her degrees she immediately moved to the New York City area to begin to cut her musical teeth, playing and performing with her own unique sound. As a sideman Cindy has toured and recorded extensively with various funk, top 40, R&B, jazz-fusion, and straight ahead jazz groups performing everywhere from Emmy Awards parties to the Superbowl.

Cindy is a believer in giving back and has long continued to share her musical knowledge with others. As a jazz educator she regularly conducts jazz workshops all over the country.

As a smooth jazz soloist Cindy recently had the privilege of touring with legendary jazz group Pieces of a Dream, currently performs in the New York City area with the Sly Geralds Band (bassist to Maceo Parker) and is in the process of reforming her own band that will soon set to the road in support of the new record, with a dynamic new show.

The word has found its way to the streets and the early accolades are already beginning to ramp up as she has been recently heralded as "one of the best young players I have heard in some time" by city sound radio's Dick Fairchild, and that she "may pave the way for future female trumpet players" by Akbar-Nour (smoothjazznow.com).

Now the newest addition to the Trippin' N' Rhythm family, Cindy's label debut, entitled "Bloom," draws upon all aspects of her musicianship. In the making of this album, Cindy had the privilege of writing with and being produced by Grammy award winning producer Michael Broening (George Benson). The tracks boast of some of the industry’s funkiest and most gifted sidemen and soloists including bassists Mel Brown and Mario Mendivil, drummers Tony Morra, John Herrera and Mike White, guitarists Freddie Fox, Thano Sahnas, and Jay Soto, saxophonists Dominic Amato and Marion Meadows, and producer Michael Broening on keys. Cindy is also joined on the album by Trippin' N' Rhythm label mates Jaared on saxophone and Tim Bowman on guitar.

"Bloom" is a rich and vibrant showcase of everything that is Cindy Bradley - passion, optimism and a rich command and feel for her instrument. From smooth and sultry flugelhorn tracks like ‘Before I Go”, the ultra funky set "Brooklyn Bounce,” to the irresistibly soulful title track, "Bloom" is self fulfilling in that Cindy, after much effort and desire, is finally ready to establish her place among the new guard in smooth jazz. She brings with her a renewed sense of excitement to a format that is hungry for fresh new talent. Says label VP Jeff Lunt "I honestly can't recall a time in my 26 plus years in the business that I have been this excited about a new artist. Cindy's openness, honesty and the sheer volume of talent that she brings to the table is absolutely infectious and refreshing and should do well to launch her into the smooth jazz stratosphere. She is an absolute one of a kind and this record combined with the brilliant touch of the great Michael B will set smooth jazz right on it's collective ear".

Given her good seed stock, the fertile soil (Trippin ‘N’ Rhythm), and the careful nurturing (Michael Broening), Cindy’s time has come and she is ready to “Bloom” as one of smooth jazz’s brightest new stars. Not Just another pretty face…… this girl is for real!

post-32618-1249533049_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249533063.jpg

post-32618-1249533072_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249533085_thumb.jpg

VICTOR WOOTEN_LIVE IN AMERICA_2001(2CDS)

www.uploadbox.com/files/b0568994a4

VICTOR WOOTEN, BOOTSY COLLINS- vocals, guitar, bass

JOESEPH WOOTEN- vocals, keyboards, theremin

REGGI WOOTEN- vocals, guitar

MC DIVINITY- vocals, bass

JD BLAIR- vocals, drums

MICHAEL KOTT- vocals

ANTHONY "FLEX" WELLINGTON- bass, background vocals

MARCUS MILLER- bass

TONY BYRD- drums

SWEET LIPPS- background vocals

Tracklist:

CD1

01-Are you Ready, Baby 02-What Did He Say 03-Hormones in The Headphones 04-Nobody Knows My Name 05-Hero 06-Yinnin' and Yangin'Hey Girl 07-Sacred SilenceThe Jam Man 08-Tappin' and Thumpin'Born in The DarkI Can't Make You Love Me 09-James Brown!Iron Man

CD2

01-Miller Time 02-Good People 03-Imagine This 04-I Dream In Color 05-My Life 06-U Can't Hold No Groove 07-Me and My Bass Guitar 08-Pretty Little Lady 09-If You Want Me To Stay.Thank You

post-32618-1249654971_thumb.jpg

VICTOR WOOTEN/BASSSOLIST/FUNK

BEST OF VICTOR WOOTEN/ALL NOTES/JPG

www.uploadbox.com/files/56493fbf74

JEFF LORBER_PHILLY STYLE_2003

ONLINE:

DOWNLOAD FROM : www.jazzrara.blogspot.com

List of songs:

Samples (hi-fi)

[01] Under Wrapssound.gifStreaming mp3 [02] Gigabytesound.gifStreaming mp3[03] Regardless Ofsound.gifStreaming mp3[04] Philly Stylesound.gifStreaming mp3[05] Soul Foodsound.gifStreaming mp3[06] Laissez Fairesound.gifStreaming mp3[07] Step On Itsound.gifStreaming mp3[08] Uncle Darrow'ssound.gifStreaming mp3[09] When She Smilessound.gifStreaming mp3

10.SERPENTINE LANEsound.gifStreaming mp3

post-32618-1249685632_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249685645_thumb.jpg

LEE RITENOUR & DAVE GRUSIN_TWO WORLDS_2000

www.uploadbox.com/files/200ee4c700

01. Concerto In A Minor For Four Keyboards And Strings [0:04:34.20]J. S. Bach02. Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5 - Aria [0:05:05.50]H. Villa-Lobos03. Sonatina - Andante II [0:04:32.25]F. Moreno04. Elegia (A Henri) [0:03:22.17]Dave Frusin05. Suite Popular Espanola - No. 3 Cancion [0:03:59.35]M. de Falla06. Lagrima [0:04:19.68]Lee Ritenour07. River Songs - The Water Is Wide-Shenandoah [0:07:01.52]Traditional08. Romanian Folk Dances [0:06:45.48]B. Bartуk09. Suite Compostelana III - Cuna [0:04:26.07]Frederico Mompou10. Suite Popular Espanola - No. 1 El Pano Moruno [0:03:18.30]M. de Falla11. Siciliana [0:02:13.20]J. S. Bach12. Canto Invierno [0:04:03.23]Dave Grusin13. Bachianas Brasileiras No. 4 - Preludio [0:04:10.17]H. Villa-Lobos

Real name: Lee Mack [Captain Fingers] Ritenour.Born: Jan 11, 1952 in Hollywood, CA.Genres: Jazz.Styles: Crossover Jazz, Jazz-Pop.Instruments: GuitarLee Ritenour has long been the perfect studio musician, one who can melt into the background without making any impact. While he possesses impresive technique, Ritenour has mostly played instrumental pop throughout his career, sometimes with a Brazilian flavor. His few jazz efforts have found him essentially imitating Wes Montgomery, but despite that he has been consistently popular since the mid-'70s. After touring with Sergio Mendes' Brasil '77 in 1973, Ritenour became a very busy studio guitarist in Los Angeles, taking time off for occasional tours with his groups and in the mid-'90s with Bob James in Fourplay. He also recorded many albums as a leader

post-32618-1249732136_thumb.jpg

Изменено пользователем katariki

JEFF LORBER_WIZARD ISLAND_1980

www.uploadbox.com/files/6c1f948d4c

GINO VANNELLI_THESE ARE THE DAYS_2006

www.uploadbox.com/files/3e5057788d

HERBIE HANCOCK_GERSHWINS WORLD_1998

www.uploadbox.com/files/f2ed8faff2

post-32618-1249773269_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249773277.jpg

post-32618-1249773297_thumb.jpg

Изменено пользователем katariki

GINO VANNELLI_A PAUPER IN PARADISE_1977

www.uploadbox.com/files/4b7c235871

GINO VANNELLI_BLACK CARS_1985

www.uploadbox.com/files/6d778c5d70

BIOGRAPHY:The 1970s was a decade dominated by glam, punk, heavy metal, new wave, disco and funk. It was a decade where notions of pop and rock authenticity and hipness were constantly being contested and redefined. In the midst of such a heady maelstrom, a handful of artists such as Gino Vannelli and Steely Dan opted to buck all the .s, writing and producing sophisticated jazz-inflected pop. In Vannelli's case, such decade defining hits as "People Gotta Move" and "I Just Wanna Stop" came wrapped in elaborate arrangements dominated by multiple synthesizers while being totally bereft of guitars. While Vannelli wasn't a favourite with the Rolling Stone wing of rock critics, he managed to rack up ten Billboard pop chart hits, seven of which also charted Adult Contemporary, three of which crossed over to the R&B charts. Seven of those timeless classics are included on his new album, These Are The Days, alongside seven new pop hits in the making. In 2005 Gino Vannelli remains one of the most distinctive voices in contemporary pop music. Born in Montreal in the summer of 1952, Vannelli grew up in a family headed by a jazz singing father and a keen eared mother. Enamored with a bevy of jazz drummers such as Joe Morello, Gene Krupa, Ed Thigpen and Elvin Jones, as a child Vannelli studied drums and music theory for five years. By the age of 12 he had formed a rock band dubbed the Cobras anновостной порталear later, with his brother Joe holding down the keyboard chair, Vannelli headed up the Motown-influenced Jacksonville 5 (note this is five years before the Jackson 5 recorded their first record). Along the way he picked up guitar and piano and began to sing. By age fourteen he had fallen in love with classical music, attending concerts by the Montreal Symphony every last Thursday of the month. "I had a double standard," reflects Vannelli. "I used to defend Charlie Watts and Ringo Starr, thinking they were part of something new and exciting. Yet, when I'd listen to Dave Brubeck Live at Newport, my standards would be totally different. I also fell in love with the French Impressionists. I remember hearing the Montreal Symphony playing "Daphne and Chloe" and walking away saying, 'What was that? I felt altered. What it really was all about was finding the magic in the down and dirty and the celestial."Before his seventeenth birthday, Vannelli had signed with RCA Records in Canada, releasing a single under the pseudonym Van Elli, "Gina Bold" b/w "Never Cry Again." Bitten by the music industry bug, Gino and his brother Joe headed for New York and then later Los Angeles, pounding the pavement looking for an American record deal. While lots of record execs were suitably impressed by Vannelli's songwriting abilities and his near three octave vocal range, no one was willing to take a chance on an artist who so clearly was working with music outside of the mainstream tastes of the - Discouraged to the point of giving up, the Vannelli brothers were ready to head back to Montreal to find work outside of music. In an oft repeated story, Gino decided make one last desperate effort to get signed. Early one morning he headed out to the offices of A&am;M Records where he waited outside the gates for any sign of company co-owner Herb Alpert. When Alpert appeared in the parking lot many hours later, Vannelli ran through the gates past a startled security guard and begged a slightly apprehensive Alpert for a chance to audition. Acting on a hunch, Alpert acceded to his request and Vannelli proceeded to play on acoustic guitar some of the songs he had recently written including "People Gotta Move," "Crazy Life," "Mama Coco," "Powerful People" and "Lady." All five songs would end up on the six albums Vannelli would record for A&M between 1974 and 1978. Five of those six albums made the Billboard album charts, culminating with Brother to Brother which achieved a coveted Top 20 position in the fall of 1978. A classy, elegant and impassioned artist, on Vannelli's A&M albums he recorded contemporary songs inspired by R&B and Jazz and developed a significant cross over audience. With his records climbing the charts, Vannelli toured as the opening act for Stevie Wonder, was the first white artist to appear on Soul Train, was nominated for a handful of Grammy Awards and soon headlined his own concerts at major venues in key US cities. In his native Canada, his talents were recognized with a plethora of Juno Awards. With Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss getting ready to sell A&M, and a new CEO at the company informing him that he should follow Rod Stewart's lead and record a disco album, in 1980 Vannelli elected to sign with Arista Records. His sole Arista album, Nightwalker, provided him with a #6 pop hit in "Living Inside Myself." When Vannelli opted to follow it up with a stripped down edgier album called Twisted Heart, the powers at be at Arista refused to release it. For the next three years, in a move reminiscent of similar episodes in the careers of George Michael and Prince, Vannelli and his record company engaged in all-out war. After a four year hiatus, Vannelli was finally released from his Arista contract and in 1985 he released the successful Black Cars album and single on HME. Two years later, he recorded Big Dreamers Never Sleep for CBS, whose single, "Wild Horses," stormed its way to the Top 10 in several countries. Black Cars and Big Dreamers Never Sleep proved to be big sellers in continental Europe and Vannelli spent much of the latter part of the decade touring overseas. To this day, he continues to have a large European following, usually mounting at least one major tour of the continent every year. By 1990, Vannelli had grown weary of the music industry and Los Angeles and decided to move his family to the quieter environs of Portland, Oregon. He built his own studio, started his own label, on which he released the live Inconsolable Man in 1990, and spent a number of years studying a profusion of world religions and philosophers. "I decided to pull myself out of the mainstream," he explains, "and take the side streets." Signing with Verve, Vannelli's commercial output took a radical left turn with the largely acoustic jazz albums Yonder Tree and Slow Love, released in 1995 and 1997 respectively. By the end of the decade his muse was taking him still further afield, toward one of his earliest loves, classical music. To prepare himself, he took voice lessons for a couple of years and began working on the material that would appear on Canto, released by BMG Canada in 2003. Featuring songs sung in English, Italian, Spanish and French, Canto was warmly received in Europe while also being purchased by a core of his faithful North American fans. Satisfied with his forays into jazz and classical, Vannelli felt that it was time to return to pop and in 2005 signed a new deal with Universal Music. These Are The Days is the first CD to be issued in this new phase of Vannelli's continually fascinating career. The initial idea was to simply issue a greatest hits album of his A&mmp;M material as Universal owns the A&M catalogue but the concept gradually morphed into combining seven of his earlier hits with seven new songs freshly written and recorded in 2005. While the new songs represent a return to pop, they do not merely mimic Vannelli's prior efforts in this genre. "I really consciously wanted to make it different. I didn't want to resort to old tricks. I decided to change my vocabulary. Also, I have new thoughts. I felt I could recreate myself without having to gild myself!" Gone are the synth dominated arrangements of old. In their place, Vannelli uses primary instruments such as piano, organ, upright bass, drums and a little bit of acoustic guitar; all in a way that remains incredibly groove-oriented and funky. The grooves themselves are tinged with a wide selection of influences, including those of the Caribbean influences (dig the marimba on "Venus Envy") and, of course, there are more than a few hints of jazz (the scat singing on "It's Only Love" is delectable). Vannelli's voice has also matured over the years. He delivers the infectiously catchy tunes with a confidence and authority that draws the listener in without being bombastic. This is modern pop music for the twenty-first century. These Are The Days will be followed with a new album featuring a dozen or more of the nearly thirty songs that Vannelli has recently written. As These Are The Days makes eminently plain, some thirty years after his first major label release, Vannelli is at the peak of his game, making mature pop music for this brave new world.

post-32618-1249791818_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249791852_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249791861_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249791887_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249791898_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249791917_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1249791937_thumb.jpg

GINO VANNELLI_STORM AT SUNUP_1975

www.uploadbox.com/files/8f6347cf33

GINO VANNELLI_INCONSOLABLE MAN_1990

www.uploadbox.com/files/e72c13931a

post-32618-1249858789_thumb.jpg