Перейти к содержимому

Conversation Club

here are english speakers)))

Изменено пользователем eleya

Окружающий мир-это зеркало наших мыслей...

Любите жизнь, и она обязательно полюбит вас...

• Ответы 289
  • Created
  • Последний ответ

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone! :)

Когда литературное произведение совершенно, оно красиво и без прикрас. Когда человек совершенен, он велик и без выдающихся достоинств.

I so much love you Azerbaijan.

Please continue my thought

What about this:

“I so much love you, Azerbaijan,”

Thought aloud an illegal emigrant.

The Russian market is my home,

But if I die, you’ll have my tomb!

:loool:

My dears please, accept my heart felt cougratulation on New Year`s, I wish yous and yours family the best in 2008

Туз, он и в Африке Туз

Let this New 2008 Year be the most happiest for everyone! Happy New Year to all of you! :superng::ny:

Когда литературное произведение совершенно, оно красиво и без прикрас. Когда человек совершенен, он велик и без выдающихся достоинств.

Hello Everyone! ) Are you ready? Are you ready for a Year full of joy and happiness? ))) I'd like to congratulate you all with a New 2008! I wish you all the least amount of work, loads and loads of love, happiness and health and euphoria of being close to people you care for and love! Happy New Year! :gagash:

it has become pretty quiet in here :okL:

• 1 month later...

guys,i wanna discuss something with you...i read one article today,business issue..i won't type the whole article,but the point is :

Hacking into Harvard

Thousands of students applied to Harvard university.As we all know students are curious to know results as soon as possible.After they passed exams,filled out all applications ,they had to wait for results.Group of students(who also applied to Harvard) hacked the Harvard site to get results earlier than others.

Definitely after Harvard school found out what was going on,it decided to punish those students by not giving them permission to study in the school,even if originally they were accepted.

and i want to discuss ,guys.do u think it's fair?i do understand that it was not right to hack site,but they just found out results,they didn't not changed them or something else.they were already accepted,and then..then the Harvard school rejected to accept them.

was that ethical/unethical what the students did?moral/immoral?

my opinion is that was unethical,but we can't say that was immoral..

Изменено пользователем anonimka

- Вот мой секрет, он очень прост: зорко одно лишь сердце. Самого главного глазами не увидишь.

- Самого главного глазами не увидишь,- повторил Маленький Принц, чтоб лучше запомнить.

- Люди забыли истину,- сказал Лис,- но ты не забывай: ты навсегда в ответе за всех, кого приручил. Ты в ответе за твою розу.

- Я в ответе за свою розу...- повторил Маленький Принц, чтобы лучше запомнить. (с)

Антуан де Сент-Экзюпери "Маленький Принц"

Баку,а ты любовь моя первая...

Да пребудет со мной мир и большая шоколадка! (с)...)

lock the door, leave the world outside...

Harvard has to maintain its prestige. It is a school of future world-famous politicians, leaders, lawyers, doctors, professors. It cannot afford to overlook unethical behavior of its students. It will damage the school's reputation and reputations of all future graduates of Harvard University. Potential future leading world figures cannot afford to slip up and have an unethical behavior on their resume.

Harvard prides itself in being able to perfectly prepare its students for the future professional career. And in the professional world unethical behavior has zero tolerance policy. Those guys should be thankful that the school did not press any criminal charges, for which they would have been arrested and prosecuted accordingly.

I'm not saying that Harvard is a great and ethical school in reality. But that's the image they try so hard to portray for so many decades and they cannot afford to damage it because of some not very bright kids. They don't need students who are stupid enough to break into the school's private archives and then actually get caught for it. Everyone should be responsible for his/her own actions. That's how it works in a real world.

Besides, how would you feel, knowing that some students on your campus might have looked into your private information? They caught them for accessing application results but you never know what other private information they were also able to access and may be even steal. It's a risk not worth taking for such a respected institution as Harvard University.

At least that's my take on it ;)

P.S. I agree with you, it wasn't immoral... if that's really the only thing that they did.

Изменено пользователем Mamedov

I agree with Mamedov. Harvard, is well known and respected institution. There is no way in the world a place like that will accept what those students have done. I dont think it is quite right to be discussing just moral and amoral sides of this action.. Hacking - is against the law. And by accepting those students, Harvard will be looked upon as a place which accepted a crime and rewarded it.

And i dont think it really matters if the actions are ethical, or whatever else the might seem to be, or not seem to be. One thing is certain - it is against the law. Offenders have to be punished. I personally think, that it is not that big of a deal (what the guys did)... but my opinion doesnt really change anything.. Facts talks lauder than any words...

...Рожденные ползать летать не умеют, но иногда рожденные ползать заползают так высоко, что перед ними ползают рожденные летать...

*D&G*

ОБО МНЕ

and I totally agree with both of you.Actually ,that what i told when we were discussing that.Mostly it is because of their reputation,their really famous name.Harvard just couldn't accept it.Even if we will forget for a second about WHAT IS HARVARD,for any other university/college to accept that means to allow students to continue what they do,it seems that it's not be punished by anyone.

but again,that was stupid,those students deprived themselves to get education from a world-famous university.

p.s.Gaudi,i put the question about moral/immoral,etichal or unethical because that was originally what discussion was about...)

Изменено пользователем anonimka

- Вот мой секрет, он очень прост: зорко одно лишь сердце. Самого главного глазами не увидишь.

- Самого главного глазами не увидишь,- повторил Маленький Принц, чтоб лучше запомнить.

- Люди забыли истину,- сказал Лис,- но ты не забывай: ты навсегда в ответе за всех, кого приручил. Ты в ответе за твою розу.

- Я в ответе за свою розу...- повторил Маленький Принц, чтобы лучше запомнить. (с)

and I totally agree with both of you.Actually ,that what i told when we were discussing that.Mostly it is because of their reputation,their really famous name.Harvard just couldn't accept it.Even if we will forget for a second about WHAT IS HARVARD,for any other university/college to accept that means to allow students to continue what they do,it seems that it's not be punished by anyone.

but again,that was stupid,those students deprived themselves to get education from a world-famous university.

p.s.Gaudi,i put the question about moral/immoral,etichal or unethical because that was originally what discussion was about...)

I am sure thats how it was... It is 5.42 am here.. i dont notice much.. sorry :ofigel:

...Рожденные ползать летать не умеют, но иногда рожденные ползать заползают так высоко, что перед ними ползают рожденные летать...

*D&G*

ОБО МНЕ

I am sure thats how it was... It is 5.42 am here.. i dont notice much.. sorry :ofigel:

no need for appologizes))just wanted to explain why i put those questions))

Agree with Mamedov.

To be frankly, I am surprised to hear that students did that in US, usually people there follow rules and regulations and so on.. that was unethical for sure.. and yes, it was stupid, Harvard is close for them, at least for few years, if not forever..

Anonimka, take lessons learned and Never do it in your life!)))))

В человеке все должно быть прекрасно: и лицо, и одежда, и душа, и мысли. (А.П.Чехов)

Agree with Mamedov.

To be frankly, I am surprised to hear that students did that in US, usually people there follow rules and regulations and so on.. that was unethical for sure.. and yes, it was stupid, Harvard is close for them, at least for few years, if not forever..

Anonimka, take lessons learned and Never do it in your life!)))))

Actually, Americans are not very famous for following rules, especially younger crowd :)

Actually, Americans are not very famous for following rules, especially younger crowd :P

Interessting, good to know this!

Americans, which live abroad, would never do that..)

В человеке все должно быть прекрасно: и лицо, и одежда, и душа, и мысли. (А.П.Чехов)

• 1 month later...

Identity Card.

The law of Azerbaijan Republic on the Identity Card was adopted in June 14, 1994.

By this law, the identity card is the document confirming the personality of citizens in Azerbaijan Republic.

There are 2 types of Identity Card:

1) The Identity Card given to the citizen under 16.

2) The Identity Card given to the citizen in 16.

The polis office gives the Identity Card less than 10 days after presenting of application, certificate of birth, the photo of citizen in 16 and the receipt on the payment of state tax (5500 manats) by the citizen or his/her legal representative.

The printing and preparation of Identity Card are implemented by 75 (seventy five) regional centers working in the police offices. The citizen under 16 does not pay state tax upon getting an Identity Card. The citizen in 16 years pays the state tax of 1 part of minimal salary (5500 manats) upon getting an Identity Card for the first time.

The citizen pays half of the minimal salary to change an Identity Card in 25, 35, 50 years as well as if name, surname, patronymic, family affairs, military position changed.

If identity card is lost or damaged of the fault of citizen state duty in the sum of two times of his wages is got.

The documents required for getting the identity card:

Application-Form

Passport or Form No.9

Certificate of Birth (ceroscopy)

Certificate of Marriage (ceroscopy)

Military Card (ceroscopy)

Order or Certificate of Registration of Flat

Medical Reference (blood group, height, eye color)

Three 3x4 colored photos

Receipt about payment of state duty

Agreement application of flat owner

Passport of Citizen

Azerbaijan Republic Law on “to depart, to arrive and passports” has been accepted in June14, 1994.

The identity card of the citizen of Azerbaijan Republic is the only document to certify the personality of the citizen of Azerbaijan Republic abroad and also to implement the right to depart and arrive to the country.

The passport is given to the citizen of Azerbaijan Republic is 18 year old, to get education, to participate in international competitions, to get treatment going abroad to live permanently and is also valid to go to all countries.

The passport of the citizen is issued by the bodies of internal affairs on the basis of application, identity card, photo and receipt about the payment of state duty not more than a month after application.

The passport of the citizen is issued by getting 110.000 manats state duty that 20 times of wages.

Issuing of the passport of the citizen is implemented in 6 regional centers performing in the republic (each covers 10-15 city-regions).

Fifteen and twenty five times of general salary of penalty is deemed for losing or damaging the passport of the citizen.

Passport and Registration Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.

Туз, он и в Африке Туз

Hey everybody, how are you today? I've a question. I've never been to any of the conversation clubs before, but as far as I understand the point of those clubs is to improve the language, right? Ain't there supposed to be someone like, let's say a teacher, or a supervisor, who would highlight our mistakes and help us make our English better? Or shall we just keep on chattin' here repeating all the same grammar mistakes over and over again?

Изменено пользователем Comandante Guevara

сменили мне право - "reply" не могу...сам попросил, так что нормально...да только моментами все же жалею...ведь чипидросы - в реал не выходят -))

• 2 months later...

“Comandante” greeting you in conversation club. It’s not so important to check our grammar mistakes here, ‘cause it’s just conversation club not English language lesson, so every one who wants to express her/his thoughts by this language is welcome. We can find our mistakes both in English and in our live improving our knowledge & experience.

P.S. Everything in life depends of our happy & successful moments. In my understanding life consists from lots of happy drumbeats, which make us happy. So now, having achieved one of my goals I could feel this happy moment. But it’s only beginning for me; I’m on my way to my next aim!!! We can make our life better; we just need to be brave & strong!!!

Now I can say surely –I make every moment in count!!!

Туз, он и в Африке Туз

I was thinking once as you....but now i've changed my mind again....and going on having thought of life is surely consist of white and black stripes..........and shame's that black ones are much more...

Изменено пользователем strANger_04

helllo people..i speak english too)))

no )i didnt)))but what is it?)

Too Eleya

I have stolen your tape of predictions, u dont mind I think?

Тсссс......Все между нами.....

Моя любовь отныне - Рената Л...